[Lxc-users] Alternative network protocols

Joe Stringer joe at wand.net.nz
Tue Jul 17 01:24:17 UTC 2012

Hi there,

I've come across an issue when trying to use SCTP with lxc, and I
wonder if anyone might have some insight into what's causing this.

My set up has two lxc hosts connected to an instance of Open vSwitch,
vm0 and vm1. When I attempt to use the sctp_test utility that comes
with the debian package lksctp-tools from within either VM, it reports
back that the address family is not supported:-

root at vm0:~# sctp_test -H 0 -P 250 -l
local:addr=0.0.0.0, port=250, family=2
seed = 1342081047

Starting tests...
        socket(SOCK_SEQPACKET, IPPROTO_SCTP)

               *** socket: failed to create socket:  Address family
not supported by protocol ***

The interfaces appear to be set up fine, I can ping from one vm to the
other with no trouble. The host can successfully run the above command
as well.

Is this because of socket using SOCK_SEQPACKET?

Cheers,
Joe