[Lxc-users] multiple IP-addresses

"Matthias P. Würfl" mpw at taquiri.de
Mon Jul 9 16:48:27 UTC 2012

Am 09.07.2012 17:29, schrieb Stéphane Graber:
> This isn't LXC specific, what's happening in your case is that you're
> contacting eth1 but getting a reply from eth0 as that's where your
> default route is.

OK, but in "real world" (without LXC) I'd configure eth0 and eth0:1.
This doesn't work with LXC: ifcopnfig in the container shows everythin's
ok, but i cannot ping the additional IP-address.

> I'm also a bit surprised that using a /32 "works well" but I'm assuming
> you have some routes to make that all work.

What am i supposed to use instead of "/32"? With "/24" the console
doesn't start and i'm not able to ssh to the container.

Matthias