[Lxc-users] Container name as DNS name

Ben Butler-Cole ben at bridesmere.com
Tue Jul 3 12:59:52 UTC 2012

On 28 June 2012 23:11, Serge Hallyn <serge.hallyn at canonical.com> wrote:

> Quoting Ben Butler-Cole (ben at bridesmere.com):
> > However the default dnsmasq configuration, combined with the way EC2's
> DNS
> > servers behave, means that my containers are getting EC2-like DNS names
> > assigned automatically (like ip-10-0-3-97.eu-west-1.compute.internal).
>
> I suspect if you want to
> customize the bridge, you're better off disabling lxcbr0 (in
> /etc/default/lxc) and using your own bridge as you were doing before.

You may be right. I was just hoping to avoid having duplication of most of
the network config now that you've done the work to get it into the package.

I'll get my system working with a separate bridge and then have a look to
see how much duplication there is. If it's just the dnsmasq config that's
different then I might be back with a patch to take that config in a file.

Thanks
-Ben