[Lxc-users] Authoritative CentOS 6.2 template?

Johannes Graumann johannes_graumann at web.de
Sun Jul 1 06:03:42 UTC 2012

In my case this was a bit more involved - I used the "lxc-fedora" template
that comes with debian (testing; lxc 0.8?).

The result is attached. The template works for me, yet the
> RELEASE_URL="$MIRROR_URL/Packages/centos-release-$release-2.el6.centos.7.
$arch.rpm"
line in particular might be non-generalizable and require revisiting.

Hoping this helps somone.

Sincerely, Joh

István Király - LaKing wrote:

> I used the Fedora template with tiny little modifictions, and it worked
> with CentOS 6.2.
>
> My guide is here: http://forums.fedoraforum.org/showthread.php?t=272995
>
> Th relevant part in short:
> Thelxc-fedora template can be modified to create CentOs Containers.
> Simply run a search and replace, replace "fedora" with "centos" and modify
> the rpm package name and URL. Line 114.

RELEASE_URL="http://ftp.funet.fi/pub/mirrors/centos.org/$release.0/os/$arch/Packages/centos-
release-$release-0.el6.centos.5.$arch.rpm";