[Lxc-users] LXC with multiple cgroup mount points

Jimmy THRASIBULE thrasibule.jimmy at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 12:56:25 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm running Fedora 16 and I'm trying to run an LXC container. I think
that my problem comes from how Fedora mount the different cgroup
subsystems. Each subsystem is mounted on its own file system:

tmpfs on /sys/fs/cgroup type tmpfs
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,seclabel,mode=755)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,release_agent=/lib/systemd/systemd-cgroups-agent,clone_children,name=systemd)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpuset type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuset)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/cpu,cpuacct type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,cpuacct,cpu)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/memory type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,memory)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/devices type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,devices)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/freezer type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,freezer)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/net_cls type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,net_cls)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/blkio type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,blkio)
cgroup on /sys/fs/cgroup/perf_event type cgroup
(rw,nosuid,nodev,noexec,relatime,perf_event)

When I try to start my container, here is what I get:

# lxc-start -f config -n generic
lxc-start: open /sys/fs/cgroup/systemd/generic/devices.deny : No such
file or directory
lxc-start: failed to setup the cgroups for 'generic'
lxc-start: failed to setup the container
lxc-start: invalid sequence number 1. expected 2
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'generic'

You can find the full log file enclosed with the container configuration file.

LXC seems to pick the first cgroup subsystem it can get but as that
subsystem does not allow the full cgroup operations, LXC fails to
start the container. I cannot mount a full cgroup file system as one
is already mounted:

# mount -t cgroup lxc /cgroup
mount : lxc is already mounted or /cgroup is busy

What can I do in this kind of situation? Can I specify to LXC where it
can find all the cgroup subsystems?

___
Jimmy THRASIBULE <thrasibule.jimmy at gmail.com>