[Lxc-users] Setting up tty correctly / Correctly handling system upgrades

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Mon Jan 23 21:35:49 UTC 2012

On 01/23/2012 08:00 PM, Andreas Feldner wrote:
> some tools (e.g. sudo) are claiming a lack of tty:

regarding tty and stuff, make sure you have all of the following:

# /dev/console
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow                = c 5:1 rwm
# /dev/ptmx
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow                = c 5:2 rwm
# /dev/pts/*
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow                = c 136:* rwm
# /dev/tty
lxc.cgroup.devices.allow                = c 5:0 rwm

> the configuration of util-linux is running into an error, I assume it has to do with removing inappropriate services by linux-continers:

no, you just hit #473202 in util-linux.

> But how does the linux-container package's magic service disabling work together with system updates?

update-rc.d disable is respected, but that only works is if the package
(util-linux) is not broken, see above referenced bug.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/