[Lxc-users] Broken pipe when ssh from host to container

Verdi March cincaipatron at gmx.net
Wed Jan 18 03:32:58 UTC 2012

Hi,

I just resume working on this, hence sorry for the very late reply :)

Serge Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Verdi March (cincaipatron at gmx.net):
> > ifconfig br0 198.55.32.143 promisc up
>
> That all looks fine...  The fact that it works fine when logging in
> from another machine but fails from the host itself must be relevant,
> but how...
>
> So your LAN is 198.55.32.X, and your containers are on 198.55.37.X...
>
> What does netstat -nr show you?

Indeed it's the incorrect netmask & routing table at the host that
causes this problem. The host should be on the same subnet as the
container (the container's being the correct one).

Once I updated the netmask & routing table on the host, the problem
is fixed.

Regards,
Verdi