[Lxc-users] Use lxc as root or not?

allen allen303allen at gmail.com
Tue Jan 17 13:35:49 UTC 2012

hi all:
    I use lxc-0.7.4.1 on Ubuntu10.10-i686, when I use as a normal user
the simplest way:

-------------------------
allen at allen-vm:/home$ lxc-create -n hq
This command has to be run as root
allen at allen-vm:/home$ sudo lxc-create -n hq
'hq' created
allen at allen-vm:/home$ lxc-start -n hq
lxc-start: failed to clone(0x2c020000): Operation not permitted
lxc-start: Operation not permitted - failed to fork into a new namespace
lxc-start: failed to spawn 'hq'
lxc-start: No such file or directory - failed to remove cgroup '/cgroup/hq'
lxc-start: failed to destroy name

Does that mean I must user lxc as a root user? Why is this necessary?
Or how can I use lxc as a non-root user?

Thanks in advance.
allen.