[Lxc-users] Failed to setup networking within container

Vedran Furač vedran.furac at gmail.com
Fri Jan 13 01:01:49 UTC 2012

On 06.01.2012 17:28, Daniel Baumann wrote:

> On 01/05/2012 05:05 AM, Vedran Furač wrote:
>> In template ${_PARENT_AREA} was always empty (thus getting invalid
>> sources.lost) no matter what I selected so I had to replace it with
>> "main contrib non-free" Same goes for ${_PARENT_ARCHIVE_AREAS}.
>
> this was fixed a couple of days in my git[0] tree, but i didn't upload
> it yet (wanted 0.7.5-17 to migrate first).

Ok

>> Shadow passwords are now on.
>> adduser: Only one or two names allowed.
>> chpasswd: (user ) pam_chauthtok() failed, error:
>> Authentication token manipulation error
>> chpasswd: (line 1, user ) password not changed
>
> this is a bug in "user-setup" (that's a package) handling, i'd need the
> full debug output in order to reproduce it; i suspect there's an
> uncovered edge-case somewhere, it has been working for me.

How do I get full debug output?

>> startpar: service(s) returned failure: hostname.sh ... failed!
>
> by default, the sys_admin capability is dropped, hence the container is
> not allowed to set the hostname. this errors that come from that are
> harmless and can be ignored.

Good.

>> Starting OpenBSD Secure Shell server: sshdCould not load host key:
>> /etc/ssh/ssh_host_ecdsa_key
>
> this however looks like you have not been installing "linux-container"
> (that's a package), are you sure you followed my advice (putting the
> linux-container deb in /usr/share/lxc when creating squeeze systems, as
> squeeze does not have linux-container). this also would explain the
> error you had with "user-setup".

Same happens on unstable. And I have linux-container installed:

root at test2:~# dpkg -s linux-container
Package: linux-container

Also, a bit unrelated, is it possible to get dummy interface inside a
container?

root at test2:~# lsmod |grep dummy
dummy                  12712  0
root at test2:~# ifconfig dummy0
dummy0: error fetching interface information: Device not found

Regards,
Vedran