[Lxc-users] Linux-Containers implementations for Checkpoint/Restart in actual kernel

Greg Kurz gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Tue Jan 3 10:45:31 UTC 2012

On Wed, 2011-12-28 at 15:33 +0100, stefano zingaro wrote:
> Hi all, I would like to know if the actual linux kernel provides any
> implementations of Linux Containers for Checkpoint/Restart solutions.
> Any information will be very helpful. thanks

No. There have been some attempts (google is your friend) but it is a
complicated matter and developpers couldn't find a consensus on how it
should be implemented...

Gregory Kurz                                     gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Software Engineer @ IBM/Meiosys                  http://www.ibm.com
Tel +33 (0)534 638 479                           Fax +33 (0)561 400 420

"Anarchy is about taking complete responsibility for yourself."
        Alan Moore.