[Lxc-users] Virtual Interfaces inside VM

Iliyan Stoyanov ilf at ilf.me
Wed Feb 29 13:31:19 UTC 2012

I usually run redhat based LXCs (centos, SL, rhel), but I also ran a 32
bit squeeze containers. What I usually do is either use yum (in redhat's
case) to create an environment, then chroot to it and finish the set up,
or use debootstrap for a minimal debian/ubuntu/whatever_deb_based
install, then again chroot to it and install with apt-get what else is
needed. Then I proceed to setup the rc scripts and create a container
with lxc-create. It's a bit more work than using the templates but I
tailor the containers to my exact needs. However I wouldn't recommend
this approach for a large deployment, as it is time consuming. I too
would love to hear ideas for large automated deployments, thought.

BR,
--ilf