[Lxc-users] version 0.8.0 coming soon

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Tue Feb 28 00:20:24 UTC 2012

Quoting Daniel Lezcano (daniel.lezcano at free.fr):
> Hi all,
>
> I will release a 0.8.0-rc1. I am looking for volunteer to test it :)

Worked fine for me.  Tested create and clone of ubuntu, ubuntu and
ubuntu-cloud images, with dir and lvm backing stores.  (And a run
of lp:~serge-hallyn/+junk/lxc-test)

Note, because upstream kernel didn't much care about the
'mount -o remount,ro /' problem, I'm going to patch lxc to
pin open a '${rootfs}.hold' file, as long as the container
is running.  That will prevent the underlying fs from being
remounted ro.  (see
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/lxc/+bug/942325 for
details).  That'll buy us some time to find a better solution
in the kernel.

-serge