[Lxc-users] Alternative to Debian Testing? No Prompt upon lxc-console execution

Terry--gmail terry.kemmerer at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 19:08:18 UTC 2012

Martin,

I am reinstalling squeeze on my host node, as I had reverted back to
OpenVZ, so that I have clean computer to work with when I follow the
instructions you have suggested in your second URL.

To the best of my memory, when lxc-console I got out of the Testing
repository failed to deliver a prompt, I did hit "enter" (several times)
and all it did was drop my cursor lower on the screen.  I also tried the
command without the -d hoping that would get me in, it didn't....I got
some kind of error on that, if I remember correctly.

In your suggested steps, it says:

"You might have noticed that you got yourself a debian 5.0 lenny
container. Thats because lenny is hardcoded in the lxc-debian script and
there is no(t yet) any squeeze compatible installer script. I have
modified the lxc-debian script (download below try the one from the
sourceforge archive) but it does not yet work fully out of the box. You
can play around with it.

#> DEBIAN_VERSION=squeeze lxc-debian -p /var/lib/lxc/vm0

If you’ve already created a container with lxc-debian, you probably have
to wipe the directory /var/cache/lxc/.. before you get squeeze (cache is
stored not suite aware)."

Does the above command automatically pull in the squeeze version
lxc-debian command script? --Or is the sourceforge link they provide
which takes me to this page,
http://sourceforge.net/projects/lxc/files/lxc/ mean that I need to
remove the lxc install the instructions suggested at the beginning and
instead compile the sourceforge  lxc-0.7.4.1 download somewhere?

Thanks! :)