[Lxc-users] Squeeze Template fix?

Terry--gmail terry.kemmerer at gmail.com
Fri Feb 10 09:45:18 UTC 2012

Debian Squeeze Host

It appears the template in the sources lxc package is lenny and I have
solved what needs to be done to get networking working correctly with
this lenny version, BUT I NEED SQUEEZE in my vm's, not lenny.

I have been searching for how to change to squeeze, but the solutions I
have found on the web so far end in failures for me. For example, the
fix I found here ( http://www.jotschi.de/?p=554 ) got further than
anything else I have found so far, and really had my hopes up......but
ended like this:

root at myserver:/usr/lib/lxc/templates# ./lxc-debian squeeze vm103 103
debootstrap is /usr/sbin/debootstrap
Checking cache download in /var/cache/lxc/debian/rootfs-squeeze ...
Downloading debian minimal ...
I: Retrieving Release
I: Retrieving Packages
I: Validating Packages
I: Resolving dependencies of required packages...
I: Resolving dependencies of base packages...
I: Found additional required dependencies: insserv libbz2-1.0 libdb4.8
libslang2
I: Found additional base dependencies: libgpm2 libnfnetlink0
libsqlite3-0 vim-runtime
I: Checking component main on http://ftp.de.debian.org/debian...
I: Retrieving libacl1
I: Validating libacl1
I: Retrieving adduser
      *  *  * <-----I cut out the repetitive stuff here
I: Extracting libcomerr2...
I: Extracting libss2...
I: Extracting libc-bin...
W: Failure trying to run: chroot /var/cache/lxc/debian/partial-squeeze
mount -t proc proc /proc
Failed to download the rootfs, aborting.
Failed to download 'debian base'
failed to install debian
root at myserver:/usr/lib/lxc/templates#

I don't understand enough of the script and what needs to happen to fix
this.

What are you guys using???  And are their detailed step by step
instructions I can use to do it?

Thanks! :)