[Lxc-users] Creating stand alone container

bruce bushby bruce.bushby at gmail.com
Wed Feb 15 10:51:43 UTC 2012

Hi

I've been following these two guides:
https://access.redhat.com/kb/docs/DOC-67682
http://berrange.com/posts/2011/09/27/getting-started-with-lxc-using-libvirt/

and I finally have a container running (Happy Days)  I wanted to ask
the list if anybody has experience with a "stand alone" container?

My physical box is an HP running RHEL 6.2. I would like my container
to have it's own rpmdb, root filesystem and OS commands etc. The
container should be 100% separate from the physical BUT will run the
exact same OS as the physical.

I'm guessing I need to do something like:
1. create path for container ie "/virtuals/<container_name>"
2. Add filesystem path to container xml
2. copy entire OS from physical into "/virtuals/<container_name>"
3. Add network config to container xml
4. Start container?

The above links give a busybox example, however I need the exact OS
(development testing environment)

As always, any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
Bruce