[Lxc-users] Networking between host and container

Marko Anastasov marko.anastasov at gmail.com
Fri Dec 28 09:27:54 UTC 2012

Hello,

What is the best way to broadcast container's hostname to host? I want to be able to ssh from host into the container using its hostname as handle, instead of an IP address.

I'm using the default template in Ubuntu 12.04. I have made a container template that I want to reuse. My first attempt was to install avahi-daemon on host and container, replace hostname in container config, fstab, /etc/hosts, /etc/hostname and dhclient.conf with some unique id. This worked in VirtualBox, but for some reason not on a real machine.

Thanks,
Marko