[Lxc-users] unwanted (wrong?) lxc-execute mount behaviour

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Wed Dec 12 14:52:57 UTC 2012

Quoting Rob van der Hoeven (robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl):
> I would really like an extra lxc.mount.cwd entry in the configuration
> file. Maybe this entry should be mandatory if the containers filesystem
> is different from the host filesystem because in this case the cwd

By container fs is different you mean cwd is unreachable from
container's / right?

> cannot be inherited safely.

Adding a lxc.mount.cwd or lxc.chdir should be easy enough.  I don't
think it should be required, as I could imagine a case where keeping
the init task in a now-unreachable dir is actually desired.  But we
could support lxc.chdir = none for that case, whereas by default
(lxc.chdir = unspecified) it refuses to start if $cwd becomes
unreachable.

-serge