[Lxc-users] unwanted (wrong?) lxc-execute mount behaviour

Rob van der Hoeven robvanderhoeven at ziggo.nl
Mon Dec 10 15:50:07 UTC 2012

Hi,

I want to use lxc-execute to isolate programs from the users data. For
this I created the following  lxc configuration file:

Name: /home/rob/lxctest/lxc02.conf

Contents:

lxc.utsname=lxc02
lxc.mount.entry=/home/rob/lxctest/home /home none bind,defaults 0 0

The lxctest/home directory is empty and I expected that this would make
the home directory of the host inaccessible. To test this I used
lxc-execute to start bash:

lxc-execute -n lxc02 -f ./lxc02.conf bash

If I execute a ls command in this shell I can still see all files in
the /home/rob/lxctest directory (the directory from which I issued the
command). When I execute cd ~ I get the result I expected:

bash: cd: /home/rob: No such file or directory

So the lxc.mount.entry statement works but lxc-execute does not change
its working directory to a valid entry inside the containers filesystem.
It's a small problem, maybe i'm doing something wrong?

The LXC version i use is: 0.8.0-rc1

Rob.
http://freedomboxblog.nl