[Lxc-users] start order

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Sat Dec 8 18:51:44 UTC 2012

On 12/08/2012 06:24 PM, Michael H. Warfield wrote:
> It's possible to drop a full configuration file there into /etc/lxc/auto and
> not have it exist in /var/lib/lxc and then "-f <config file>" would work
> while "-n  $c -d" would fail.  That would be my guess there.

that was the intention when i wrote it in debian (ubuntu at some point
took it over then).

> I've been imitating the way OpenVZ does this (on Fedora) by adding some
> parameters in the lxc configuration files like this:

not convinced that a start order does actually matter (because your
stuff within containers should a) be graceful wrt/ to existence of other
services by other containers and b) be eventful), however, better and
simpler imho is to support using numbered prefixes.

/etc/lxc/auto/0001-foo
/etc/lxc/auto/0002-bar
[...]

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/