[Lxc-users] [systemd-devel] Unable to run systemd in an LXC / cgroup container.

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Fri Dec 7 00:48:44 UTC 2012

Quoting John (lxc at jelmail.com):
> On 06/12/12 20:06, Dan Kegel wrote:
> > On Thu, Dec 6, 2012 at 12:00 PM, John <lxc at jelmail.com> wrote:
> >> While on the subject, any reason for lxc-destroy now being destructive?
> > Wait, isn't that the point?  It's in the name and all.
> >
> > When was it ever nondestructive?
> >
> It only destroyed the configuration in /var/lib and never deleted the
> root filesystem until very recently (0.8.0, I guess).

Was your rootfs a symbolic link by chance?  I'm guessing commit
55116c42e767ce795f796fc51cd2ef7d76cf18af is what you're seeing.  Before
that it did remove the rootfs, but if your rootfs was a symlink it
happened to not do it.  That wasn't by intent.

Perhaps lxc-destroy should take a flag to not delete the rootfs?  Not
sure...