[Lxc-users] Using a pool of LXCs

Dror Matalon dror at devwik.com
Tue Dec 4 22:13:32 UTC 2012

Hi,

I'm looking at creating a solution based on an on-demand pool of LXCs.

I already have an ubuntu machine with 100+ ubuntu LXCs running on it.
The problem is that as the number of users increases, each LXC
consumes resources. So I'm looking at a solution where I have a pool
of LXCs, but they're only assigned to the user on demand. On demand it
my case, is when their web site is accessed. I already have a node.js
proxy that can do the work of bringing the LXCs into play which means
moving the user's home directory into the LXC and starting the web
server on it.

Anyone else doing work in this direction? I can provide more details
if people are interested.

Thanks,

Dror