[Lxc-users] Fwd: [libvirt-users] remote lxc via libvirt?

Serge Hallyn serge.hallyn at canonical.com
Mon Aug 27 14:44:32 UTC 2012

I'm well aware it may end up rejected  :)  And I won't be offended if it
is.  I'll quite understand.  From their point of view it's duplicate
functionality.  Really the only way I see it being accepted is if we
could provide a full xml compatibility layer and lose zero features.
Losing zero features should be no problem, but getting someone to
want to do the work with xml configuration files may be diffficult.

It may end up being rejected upstream, but we may still keep it in our
package, both so libvirt can benefit from increased feature set in
liblxc, and because if we could get all libvirt-lxc users switched
over (i.e. default openstack) it would drastically reduce the amount
of testing and disparate bug wrangling.  It's not decided, just a
seductive idea.

-serge

Quoting Dan Kegel (dank at kegel.com):