[Lxc-users] lxc template for RHEL?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Aug 25 18:18:26 UTC 2012

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 3:34 AM, Fajar A. Nugraha <list at fajar.net> wrote:
> Had you tried creating it manually, you'd have a working centos
> container AND understand more deeply how it works.
> In case you haven't figure it out already, I wrote that wiki page :)

I didn't know that your procedure was complete and debugged.  (After
all, you pointed to it last :-)

> https://github.com/fajarnugraha/lxc/blob/centos-template/templates/lxc-centos.in
> Tested on Ubuntu 12.04 host to install centos guest container (centos
> 6 only for now). Based on lxc-fedora, it mostly automates the manual
> process on my wiki page, plus rpmdb fix to allow it to work on
> non-centos host.

I copied yours to /usr/lib/lxc/templates/lxc-centos (your .in file
didn't seem to have any @KEYWORDS@ that needed expanding by configure),
and verified that it creates a startable centos 6 container.

There's no networking (beyond being able to ping localhost).
Uncommenting the example network section of
/var/lib/lxc/demo.centos6/config
led to the same failure as before,
lxc-start: failed to rename vethbEIwaC->eth0 : File exists

But then, the default templates on this machine don't seem to
have working networks, either.  I guess I have some experimenting
and learning to do.
- Dan