[Lxc-users] lxc-execute-ephemeral?

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Aug 23 16:44:06 UTC 2012

I'm configuring a buildbot for projects that (alas) are using
.deb packages for their internal build dependencies,
and the build & test script for the project does stuff like
   sudo apt-get install foo
   make
   make test
   sudo dpkg -r foo
So I'm looking at chroots or lxc along with aufs or overlayfs to
get a fresh build container every time.  I could stand a second
of overhead per build, which is what lxc-execute seems to have.

I see there's a handy lxc-start-ephemeral script in ubuntu
which uses aufs or overlayfs to create an ephemeral container
that goes away when you stop it, but I was hoping to avoid
having separate steps for creating/starting the container,
running a command in it, and destroying it.

It seems like a very small leap from lxc-start-ephemeral to
lxc-execute-ephemeral.
Has anyone tried writing one?