[Lxc-users] mount point isolation

Stuart Yoder b08248 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 16 21:03:53 UTC 2012

In the lxc.conf man page it says:

  The  linux  containers (lxc) are always created before being used. This
  creation defines a set of system resources to be virtualized / isolated
  when  a  process is using the container. By default, the pids, sysv ipc
  and mount  points  are  virtualized  and  isolated.

What does the mount point isolation really mean?

If I do:
   lxc-execute -n foo /bin/bash

In the container, which I assume has default isolation, I don't see any
mount point isolation.    I can still see all normal mount points from
the host rootfs.    So, trying to understand specifically what is mean
by the statement about default isolation of mount points.

Thanks,
Stuart