[Lxc-users] problem starting a container

Fajar A. Nugraha list at fajar.net
Tue Apr 17 22:07:29 UTC 2012

On Wed, Apr 18, 2012 at 2:43 AM, Serge Hallyn
<serge.hallyn at canonical.com> wrote:
> Quoting Daniel Stefaniuk (daniel.stefaniuk at gmail.com):

>> Then the container seems to bu up and running. However, if I try to login
>> to that
>> container using lxc-console I get only this message "Type <Ctrl+a q> to
>> exit the console".
>> Any clues as to why this happens?
>
> Sounds like your container ttys are not set up right.

... for example because it's waiting for a trigger (e.g. loopback
network interface up), and since the trigger is not available in a
containter, the console never got configured.

Let me guess, you're running some "old" linux distro (i.e. not ubuntu
12.04) and haven't setup the necessary workarounds for lxc. Is that
correct? If yes, see these links for examples of lxc-specific
modification needed in guest containers:

http://wiki.1tux.org/wiki/Lxc/Installation/Guest/Centos/5#Lxc-specific_modification
http://wiki.1tux.org/wiki/Lxc/Installation/Guest/Centos/6#Lxc-specific_modification
http://www.mail-archive.com/lxc-users@lists.sourceforge.net/msg03301.html

--