[Lxc-users] Can't start containers

Troy Telford ttelford.groups at gmail.com
Tue Apr 3 17:51:40 UTC 2012

On 2012-04-03 08:09:30 +0000, Milan Zamazal said:
> Did you unmount the temporarily mounted directories left in the system
> after lxc-start failure?  Something like
>
>   for d in $(mount | fgrep /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu/lxc | awk '{ print
> $3 }'); do
>     umount $d
>   done
>
> works for me (has to be run several times until no "busy" error is
> printed).

Well, I'm not sure to be annoyed or relieved.

Debian (sid) updated to linux-image-3.2.0-2-amd64 3.2.13-1 a day or so ago.

I rebooted my system, but didn't bother trying out LXC because I was in
a hurry to get to work. (There were other packages to the system that
were upgraded at the same time; the lxc userspace packages aren't among
them according to /var/log/apt/history.)

I started a container so I could try out your scriptlet. I found I'm
unable to even try your suggestion:  The container started with no
issues.

I tried other containers - all of them started properly.

Whether it's because the kernel changed, or if it's something in
userspace, I'm unable to tell. But as far as I can tell, LXC is now
working properly.
--
Troy Telford