[Lxc-users] Can't start containers

Milan Zamazal pdm at zamazal.org
Mon Apr 2 14:18:01 UTC 2012

    SH> (You've probably mentioned this before, but) can you tell us
    SH> exactly what host distro+release you're on?

Debian GNU/Linux amd64, current testing (wheezy) version, Linux 3.2.12,
lxc 0.8.0~rc1 from Debian (the problem is present with 0.7.5 as well).

    SH> Any customizations?

No, I'm using the kernel from the Debian package, I just load OpenAFS
modules (from an extra package) before starting any containers.

    SH> I'd like to get to the bottom of this, but do not have time
    SH> *right* now.

OK.

    SH> If you need to work around this, you could do worse than that
    SH> simply replace the pivot_root(new_root, old_root) call with
    SH> chroot(new_root) and get rid of the subsequent umount(old_root).

Thanks for the tip, I'll try it, if it works it should be good enough
for me for now.