[Lxc-users] lxc-attach: Could not delete snapshot, after lxc-stop when did lxc-attach before

"Axel Schöner" axel.schoener at gmx.de
Mon Sep 26 21:15:21 UTC 2011

Hi @all,

In my mail a few days before i wrote about problems which occur when using "lxc-attach". I first tried to create a snapshot with BTRFS, start the container, stop it and delete the snapshot. This is not problematic, also when i connect via "lxc-console" before.
But if i do a "lxc-attach" before stopping the container then the snapshot could not be deleted.
I have tried today the "lxc-clone" command to create a LVM-snapshot.
The same problem occurs with LVM-snapshots and "lxc-attach".

lxc version: 0.7.5 from git(2011-09-20)
kernel: ubuntu-oneric(3.0.4+) patched with the latest patch for pid-ns

Strace shows that the volumes are busy. But i can't find a solution for this problem. Can someone help me please?
The output of strace is attached for the lvm case, for btrfs it is similar.

Why do i need this functionality?
At the moment i'm writing a PAM-module for my bachelor thesis. This module allows to start a container via PAM and redirect the non-privileged user in a container(simple bash and graphical). This module will be certainly published opensource.

Thanks,
Axel