[Lxc-users] how to mount inside of running container

Arie Skliarouk skliarie at gmail.com
Thu Sep 22 14:50:54 UTC 2011

I managed to mount the partition! For that the procedure looks as follows:

   1. On the master:

   mkdir /share/containerX
   mkdir /var/lib/lxc/containerX/rootfs/share
   mount -t tmpfs share /share/containerX
   mount --make-rshared /share/containerX

   cat >> /var/lib/lxc/containerX/fstab << EOF
   /share/containerX /var/lib/lxc/containerX/rootfs/share none bind 0 0
   EOF

   2. On the container: modify the /etc/rc.local to remount the /share
   directory with slave option enabled:
   mount --make-slave /zfs

The only problem remains is that the partitions mounted under /share are
unmounted the moment the container is shut down. Is there a "clean" way to
avoid that?

--
Arie