[Lxc-users] Help troubleshooting declining performance / high %SI CPU when running 9 Ubuntu 10.04 LXCs

Iliyan Stoyanov ilf at ilf.me
Thu Sep 15 15:42:42 UTC 2011

Hi Ivan,

you should probably do a monitoring with iostat and vmstat also. On the
top of my head I can think of at least 3 or 4 reasons why this might be
happening. I have similar problems with a simple laptop machine without
LXC containers on it (and don't have such on a server with a bunch of
containers on it). In my experience with bad SI everything always come
back to be RAM related. Also check your filesystem performance. Most of
the FSes nowadays keep a ton of the journalling info in RAM. I know my
response is not exactly an answer to your specific question but I hope
it might give you some pointers for better monitoring of the situation.

BR,

--ilf