[Lxc-users] stopping a container

Papp Tamas tompos at martos.bme.hu
Fri Sep 2 13:54:23 UTC 2011

hi!

What is the right way to stop a container?

        lxc-stop kills all the processes inside the container. This
command should be used if the processes are no longer accessible and can
no be exited normally.

I guess lxc-stop should not be the standard way. Anyway,The init script
in Ubuntu does use it.

More question on commands:
        lxc-monitor monitors the state of the specified containers. The
name can be a regular expression, conforming with posix2, so it is
possible to monitor all the containers, several of them or just one.

If I run the command 'lxc-monitor -n <container>' , it's just standing
and doing nothing else until I cancel it via ^C.

Ubuntu 11.04:
Linux getto 2.6.38-8-server #42-Ubuntu SMP Mon Apr 11 03:49:04 UTC 2011
x86_64 x86_64 x86_64 GNU/Linux
Do I miss something?

Thank you,
tamas