[Lxc-users] lxc-stop crashes the host

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue Oct 25 13:43:58 UTC 2011

On 10/25/2011 03:09 PM, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Ulli Horlacher (framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de):
>> On Mon 2011-10-24 (18:56), Ulli Horlacher wrote:
>>
>>> vms1 is an Ubuntu 10.04 based host system (4 * Xeon 64bit) with:
>>>
>>> root at vms1:/lxc# uname -a
>>> Linux vms1 2.6.38-11-server #50~lucid1-Ubuntu SMP Tue Sep 13 22:10:53 UTC 2011 x86_64 GNU/Linux
>>
>> Today 2.6.38-12-server has come.
>>
>>> But when I try to stop this container with:
>>>
>>> root at vms1:/lxc# lxc-stop -n fex
>>>
>>> the host (vms1) crashes with a kernel traceback.
>>
>> The bug is still there. But I was able to localize what triggers this bug:
>> I am able to start/stop the container if I do not use iptables inside the
>> container. When I set my ipfilter rules with iptables and then try to stop
>> the container, the host crashes again.
>
> Daniel,
>
> one of your emails yesterday implied you've figured out the cause?  Is that
> the case?

I am not 100% sure but I think the recent iptables should be flushed
before exiting the namespace. I am setting up a qemu with a custom
kernel to check the fix works.

With the robbery of my laptop bag with the laptop and the backup disk, I
have to put in place my testing environment from scratch *gasp* :/