[Lxc-users] lxc-stop crashes the host

Jean-Philippe Menil jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Tue Oct 25 12:47:57 UTC 2011

Le 25/10/2011 14:39, Ulli Horlacher a écrit :
> On Tue 2011-10-25 (08:58), Jean-Philippe Menil wrote:
>
>> Do you use the recent match in your iptables rules?
> THIS was the decisive tip!
>
> After commenting out the "iptables -m recent" rules in the container
> boot configuration, the host does not crash any more on lxc-stop!
>
> I can live without the iptables recent config for the next time, but I
> hope this kernel bug will be fixed in the future.
>
> Shall I submit it as a kernel bug? Where?

Ok,

so it seems there is a problem with "recent" match and network namespaces.
You can report the bug on the netfilter-dev mailing list, i suppose, but
it's preferable to have a full trace of the crash.

Regards.

--
Jean-Philippe Menil - Pôle réseau Service IRTS
DSI Université de Nantes
jean-philippe.menil at univ-nantes.fr
Tel : 02.53.48.49.27 - Fax : 02.53.48.49.09