[Lxc-users] Live Migration of LXC

Greg Kurz gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Mon Oct 24 10:03:01 UTC 2011

On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 10:24 +0200, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Sat 2010-03-20 (21:30), Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>
> > There will be available a kernel patchset in a few weeks making possible
> > to do live migration with the lxc userspace tools (not libvirt), with
> > some restrictions.
>
> We are now some few months later ... :-)

C/R and live migration is a complicated matter for LXC containers.
There's a lot to do on both user and kernel code... On the kernel side,
there are some core functions that need to be modified and it's
extremely difficult to have the patches accepted by the kernel
maintainers.

> How is the status about this?

No status for the moment... I guess people who really want migration
should participate, at least to show kernel maintainers there's a demand
for it.

> > So within 2/3 months, we should have lxc with 2 checkpoint/restart
> > solutions embedded in it.
>
> And here, too?

Nothing new for the moment... sorry.

Gregory Kurz                                     gkurz at fr.ibm.com
Software Engineer @ IBM/Meiosys                  http://www.ibm.com
Tel +33 (0)534 638 479                           Fax +33 (0)561 400 420

"Anarchy is about taking complete responsibility for yourself."
        Alan Moore.