[Lxc-users] shutting down CentOS6 container

Derek Simkowiak derek at simkowiak.net
Mon Oct 17 20:54:36 UTC 2011

 > /I tried the python script, it just works fine./

     Q1: How does the "kill -INT init" method affect running processes,
especially MySQL and other databases that may need to shutdown
gracefully to avoid data corruption?

     I believe that the child processes (incl. mysqld, apache, etc.)
would be able to shutdown gracefully without data corruption, because
they'd be killed with a signal that will invoke their internal signal
handlers.  But, I am looking for independent confirmation.

     Q2: How is lxc-stop -n $CONTAINERNAME different from the Python
script mentioned below?  Will lxc-stop on a container cause an unclean
shutdown, or does it also use a Unix signal?

Thanks,
Derek