[Lxc-users] shutting down CentOS6 container

Milos Negovanovic milos.negovanovic at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:02:35 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 17, 2011 at 10:36:24PM +0300, Iliyan ilf Stoyanov wrote:
> Hi Milos,
>
> have you tried doing lxc-console --name $NAME_OF_YOUR_CENTOS6_CONTAINER,
> then loging in and issuing shutdown -h now. It works for me on Fedora
> 15/SL6.1.
>
> BR,
> --ilf

I am looking for a way to automatically shutdown container. Something I
can use from my rc scripts on the host to orderly shutdown containers on
host OS reboot/shutdown. I know I can ssh into the container and issue
shutdown command, that works, but thats not what I am looking for.

Regards
--
Milos Negovanovic
milos.negovanovic at gmail.com