[Lxc-users] newbie: lxc on Fedora 15

Ramez Hanna rhanna at informatiq.org
Wed Oct 12 06:49:52 UTC 2011

On Mon, Oct 10, 2011 at 1:18 AM, sean darcy <seandarcy2 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm trying to install F15 in an lxc container on an F15 host.
>
> I have found the script:
>
> setup_lxc_rootfs_fedora15.sh
could you post a link to that script, i haven't seen it before

> and the template:
>
> lxc-fedora.in  (Why, BTW, doesn't the Fedora rpm include the templates?)
for some reason the maintainer of this package removed all the templates
you can find a a pcakage containing the latest master from git and has
the templates at
http://software.opensuse.org/download.html?project=home:ramezhanna&package=lxc

> But very confused about what to actually do.
>
> Are the script and the template related? Do I need to run the script
> before lxc-create?
>
> Or do is it just:
>
> lxc-create -n NewF15 -t lxc-fedora.in
>
> And do I need a configuration file if I'm using the script and/or template?
>
> I've looked at http://lxc.teegra.net/
>
> but can't figure out how much is superseded by script and template.
>
> Thanks,
>
> sean

BR
RH