[Lxc-users] skype in a lxc

Lyssa Rabies rabid.zombie.squirrel at gmail.com
Wed Oct 5 13:43:47 UTC 2011

Hello,

i use different linux distributions and versions of distributions inside
linux containers, so my desktop environment is also running inside a
container. So i don't need to use full virtualisation - i have lxc and i'am
very happy with it.

Audio works over pulseaudio and for my desktop i'am using XDMCP. I have
allowed video devices, so i can watch TV over xawtv and use webcams. With
mknod i have created all necessary video devices in /dev. My only problem at
the moment is skype. Does skype need udev to query for webcams? If yes, how
can i get udev running inside a container?

kind regards,

Sciurus