[Lxc-users] "PTY allocation request failed on channel 0 - stdin: is not a tty"

Patrick Kevin McCaffrey pkm at uwm.edu
Tue Nov 29 15:40:02 UTC 2011

Sorry for the late reply, but it was a holiday weekend here in the US.  Thank you for your input.  Creating the devpts.conf as you described allows me to SSH into my running container.  However, lxc-console is still unresponsive.  When I run the command ("lxc-console -n container_name") it says "press ctrl+a q to exit" but anything I do after entering the initial command doesn't do anything.  The terminal still lets me type, but lxc-console doesn't appear to work.

At least I can SSH into my containers now.  Thank you for that, as it allows me to continue forward with the implementation that I had planned to use.

Pat