[Lxc-users] "PTY allocation request failed on channel 0 - stdin: is not a tty"

Patrick Kevin McCaffrey pkm at uwm.edu
Sun Nov 27 04:54:22 UTC 2011

Hello,

I'm trying to configure a few LXC guests on my Ubuntu machine.  I have configured the container using the methods described at http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/lxc-linux-containers/ and http://blog.bodhizazen.net/linux/lxc-configure-ubuntu-lucid-containers/.  However, I'm running into a problem when trying to connect to my container via ssh or the lxc-console.  When I try to connect I get the following:

PTY allocation request failed on channel 0
stdin:  is not a tty

Any and all help would be appreciated.  Let me know if I can post any configuration files or logs to assist.

Thank you in advance,

Pat McCaffrey
pkm at uwm.edu