[Lxc-users] Failed to move phys interface, invalid argument (Linux 3.1.0, lxc 0.7.5)

Daniel Smith viscous.liquid at gmail.com
Mon Nov 21 13:12:16 UTC 2011

On 11/21/2011 7:20 AM, Ivan Vilata i Balaguer wrote:
> Hi all.  I'm having trouble moving a physical, unused WiFi interface in my
> computer to a container, which uses a network configuration like this::
> Is this not supported yet?  Am I missing some configuration issue?
>
> Thanks a lot!

So I ran into the problem as well, what I found was that the whole wiphy
had to be moved over into the namespace manually with the iw command.
After which you have to use the iw command again inside the container to
create a new interface.  A word of caution,  I have found even though
the phy is in another namespace you can still add vifs to it. Even
though it is possible, don't! It will hang your system when you shutdown
the container(s).

Hope this helps.

Daniel