[Lxc-users] Dependencies Use Cases

Daniel Baumann daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Fri Nov 4 12:27:31 UTC 2011

On 11/04/2011 01:16 PM, Huang Liang wrote:
> Check out toft: https://github.com/exceedhl/toft. It provides rpm and
> deb packages which already handles the dependencies on centos and
> ubuntu.

why would one want this instead of using lxc from your distributions
repository?

> Moreover, it packages the bind and dhcp setup on the host
> machine  and ships with pre-created images, saves a lot of time of
> hassling around these issues.

that particular 'problem' we're going to solve in debian within about a
week when lxc provides linux-container (a generic version of something
similar what lxcguest in ubuntu and for ubuntu-only does) and live-build
therefore can build proper system images for lxc containers that are
shipped through .debs and which are going to be prefered over caches in
/var/cache/lxc in debians lxc package. don't know what ubuntu has in
mind for such use cases.

--
Address:        Daniel Baumann, Donnerbuehlweg 3, CH-3012 Bern
Email:          daniel.baumann at progress-technologies.net
Internet:       http://people.progress-technologies.net/~daniel.baumann/