[Lxc-users] Live Migration of LXC

Cedric Le Goater legoater at free.fr
Fri Nov 4 10:15:12 UTC 2011

On 10/24/2011 02:07 PM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Mon 2011-10-24 (12:03), Greg Kurz wrote:
>
>> C/R and live migration is a complicated matter for LXC containers.
>
> I have assumed nothing else...

Give BLCR a try :

	https://ftg.lbl.gov/CheckpointRestart/CheckpointDownloads.html

It doesn't require a kernel patch, although it's clearly peeking and poking
with the kernel internals. O.8.4 builds smoothly on debian, f14, and 2.6.38.

I don't think it would be too complex to hook BLCR in C/R backend available
in lxc.

>> No status for the moment... I guess people who really want migration
>> should participate
>
> Not every LXC (admin-)user is a kernel hacker, too. I am fluent in Perl
> programming, but not in C.
>
>> at least to show kernel maintainers there's a demand for it.
>
> How can we do this? Send mass e-mails (spam) to the kernel maintainers? :-)

That has been done already.

Cheers,

C.