[Lxc-users] lxc on Fedora 15

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Tue May 31 11:07:59 UTC 2011

On 05/31/2011 12:33 PM, Ramez Hanna wrote:
> it seems that lxc cannot handle cgroups when capabilities are not all in the
> same mount
> it fails now because it cannot write the devices.deny in the cgroup
> if i comment out all the lxc.cgroup.devices lines in the config of the
> container then i can actually start it
>
> I would think that the way lxc identifies the cgroup mount might be the part
> that needs patching

Thanks for investigating.

The main problem is lxc is cgroup agnostic, so we should find a solution
where we don't break that.

Maybe one solution would be to collect all the mount points found for
the cgroup and try to find the right path when writing or reading from
one cgroup file.

Does systemd run lxc within a cgroup which is not the root cgroup ?