[Lxc-users] Output of 'top' with lxc.cgroup.memory.limit_in_bytes set?

Gordon Henderson gordon at drogon.net
Sun May 22 17:39:02 UTC 2011

I think this has been on the list before, but my arching search is
failling me... I've got containers working with memory limitations using

lxc.cgroup.memory.limit_in_bytes
and
lxc.cgroup.memory.memsw.limit_in_bytes

and I can prove that it's working by writing a program to malloc memory
and watch the oom killer in operation when it reached the limit.. However
the output of 'top' still shows the entire memory of the host...

Is this something fixable, or "just the way it is" for now?

Cheers,

Gordon