[Lxc-users] disk limit?

thewanderer@gim11.pl thewanderer at gim11.pl
Thu May 19 11:35:50 UTC 2011

I've used ZFS on Fuse before, with OpenVZ. The performance was horrible, but the flexibility outweighs the cons for small setups. No space was lost, thanks to volume management as well as deduplication support.
For serious setups, I'd recommend exporting ZFS over NFS from a Nexenta host (or FreeBSD perhaps) so that it's reasonably fast. ACL support is also best done on NFS (note how ZFS uses NFS4 ACL scheme).
In a homogenous environment, btrfs might provide a similar set of benefits,  but I've hardly done any tests.
Hope that helps.
Robert Kawecki