[Lxc-users] local routing

Daniel Lezcano daniel.lezcano at free.fr
Wed May 11 09:29:31 UTC 2011

On 05/10/2011 12:24 AM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> On Mon 2011-05-09 (22:52), Daniel Lezcano wrote:
>> On 05/09/2011 03:10 PM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
>>
>>> I have a lxc host (zoo 129.69.1.68) with a container (vmtest8 129.69.8.6).
>>>
>>> I want all host/container communication to be internal without network
>>> traffic going via external router.
>> Maybe I misunderstood but why don't you setup a bridge for the container
>> only without attaching the physical interface and making sure
>> /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is not set ?
> Of course the containers shall be able to communicate with the internet,
> too.
>
> But I want the communication of host-container to be internal and not via
> external router.
If you create a bridge, attach the physical interface to it, give the
bridge the ip address you usually give to eth0, (make sure ifconfig eth0
0.0.0.0) and then give an IP address to the container on the same
network than eth0, that will allow to have your container to communicate
on the network and the host without passing through a gateway.

Is it what you want to achieve ?