[Lxc-users] local routing

C Anthony Risinger anthony at extof.me
Wed May 11 01:08:54 UTC 2011

On May 9, 2011 5:25 PM, "Ulli Horlacher" <framstag at rus.uni-stuttgart.de>
wrote:

> On Mon 2011-05-09 (22:52), Daniel Lezcano wrote:
> > On 05/09/2011 03:10 PM, Ulli Horlacher wrote:
> >

> > > I have a lxc host (zoo 129.69.1.68) with a container (vmtest8
129.69.8.6).

> > > I want all host/container communication to be internal without network
> > > traffic going via external router.
> >
> > Maybe I misunderstood but why don't you setup a bridge for the container
> > only without attaching the physical interface and making sure
> > /proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is not set ?
>
> Of course the containers shall be able to communicate with the internet,
> too.
>
> But I want the communication of host-container to be internal and not via
> external router.

I believe Daniel is saying you can pass each container two interfaces -- one
is the public and one is a local only private network for your host and
containers.

Though I'd think the host/bridge code would not actually ping pong the
packets off an external device if the target IP resolves back to the host?

C Anthony [mobile]