[Lxc-users] fedora template

Justin Cormack justin at specialbusservice.com
Wed Mar 30 16:10:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, 2011-03-30 at 10:32 -0500, Serge E. Hallyn wrote:
> Quoting Justin Cormack (justin at specialbusservice.com):

> > > Not dumb, I'm not sure either - I suspect you just have to define a
> > > lxc.network.type in your config file.  Can you send us the config
> > > file for the container that didn't work?
> > >
> > > -serge
> >
> > This one didnt work...
> >
> > lxc.utsname = vm1
> > lxc.tty = 4
> > lxc.network.type = veth
> > lxc.network.flags = up
> > lxc.network.link = virbr0
> > lxc.network.hwaddr = 08:00:27:83:C4:82
> > lxc.network.ipv4 = 192.168.122.2
> > lxc.network.name = eth0
> > lxc.mount = /usr/lib/lxc/vm1/fstab
> > lxc.rootfs = /usr/lib/lxc/vm1/rootfs
>
> Odd.  Did you start this as root?

Yes, just retested and behaving the same. If I get lxc-start to
run /bin/bash instead of init (and then mount proc manually) it has
brought up eth0 in the container on the right IP, and I can ping the
other end, which suggests that it has got network namespaces. And
netstat does not list anything. Which is rather confusing as it suggests
everything is as expected.

Justin